Friday, April 19, 2013

China, An Engagement, and a New Job - Oh My!!

It's been a wild and crazy month.
I spent Spring Break in China. So many things surprised me about China...I thought that maybe I would be rather tall there - NOT! I was in Shenzhen, and I was so surprised at the lush, green, tropical landscape...not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. I surprised myself in how much I enjoyed bartering - WAY FUN!! And driving in China...ummm, SCARY!! Enjoy the pics.
With Kaitlin at the Artists' Village 
Best hair appointment ever! a scalp, head, neck & back massage along with the hair wash and blow dry -- YESSSSS!

Any ideas why they have vending machines with Kleenex?
No toilet paper in public bathrooms 
Made a new friend. She was so adorable!

My son is getting married. I am so excited for these two. Love them both!

I got a new job! I am going to be a Clinical Faculty Associate (CFA) with my school district and Brigham Young University next year. It is a three year position, and I'm soooo excited. I will be instructing, mentoring, and evaluating interns, student teachers, and teacher candidates in the Education program at BYU. This is something that I have always wanted to do, and the opportunity arose and I went for it. It's going to be weird not getting a classroom ready this summer.


1 comment:

  1. No tissue paper in public restrooms... it took me about two months of living in Asia to get used to carrying it with me! Looks like you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing the photos. Off to check out your new shop :)
    - Amanda
    TravelTeachandLove

    ReplyDelete