Monday, July 16, 2012

Must Have Picture Books Linky



I'm linking up with Lindsey from The Teacher Wife for picture books you must have in your classroom.  Here's my five:

I love The Dot because it helps students realize that everyone is an artist. Buy it here.


I love I Ain't Gonna Paint No More because the illustrations are wonderful, and you can use this book for rhyming word help. It's so darling! Buy it here.



Tops and Bottoms is a fun trickster tale. Once again, the illustrations are phenomenal! This story also makes a great readers' theater. Buy it here.


I love to use The Important Book to teach pattern writing. This is such a classic! Buy it here.


I know Kevin Henkes' books are very popular, but it seems that Julius is one of his books, that a lot of teachers don't know about. Of course Lilly is in this one, and sassy as ever. Read it to see how her feelings for her baby brother change throughout the book. Buy it here.





11 comments:

  1. It's official! I need to check out the book, The Dot, I have seen it on so many top 5s!

    Just found your blog and from one Susan to another, I love it!

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! I love Tops and Bottoms, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love using Tops and Bottoms during my plant unit. It's one of my favorites! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm visiting through the Linky Party. Don't you just love picture books?!!? Great choices! I love Tops and Bottoms. I think I need to add "The Dot" to my wish list.

    Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great list. I am intrigued by the book Albert, I think it is one I would love! I am now your 78th follower :)
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to check out "The Dot" and "Tops and "Bottoms". There are so many great books out there.

    Shelly
    Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love "The Important Book!" I always have my kiddos write their own versions and the wonderful things that they come up with never cease to amaze me!

    Make sure to stop by and enter my giveaway!
    -Courtney
    2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've definitely picked some keepers. LOVE Tops and Bottoms but it didn't make my top five . . . it's TOO hard to rank order my books!!

    I'm lucky follower #81 - you have a very cheery blog!

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot about Julius-I love that story. The best is when she teaches him the alphabet wrong! :) Glad to have found your blog-lots of good ideas.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Tops and Bottoms! I have I Ain't Gonna Paint No More on CD and the kiddos get to singing with it so loud sometimes it's hysterical!
    Patti
    pattib203@yahoo.com
    Primary Pizzazz

    ReplyDelete