Friday, June 27, 2014

Getting Fit Friday

I'm linking up with Christina at Bunting, Books, and Bright Ideas for
 

With my change in jobs this year, I found myself going out to lunch FREQUENTLY! And when I did, I didn't make the healthiest choices. By the end of the school year, I was tipping the scales at my all-time highest weight. I wasn't feeling good about myself and knew a change was imminent.
I recently heard the following and this has helped turn the light bulb on, so to speak, and keep it on as motivation for me. 
It's not about willpower, it's about
your behavior.
I can choose to eat, to not eat, to workout, to log my food, to make healthy choices. It's not about having (or not having) willpower, it's about choosing good behavior habits.
I always used to think I didn't have the willpower to lose weight, but when I look at it as behavior choices, it makes it easier for me. Maybe it can work for you too!

If you haven't checked out Tone & Tighten, go check it out NOW! I feel like Jared is my personal trainer without having to leave my home. There are workouts posted there for any kind of workout you may want or need. You can do a different workout every single day. I've been very inspired to workout 5 days a week because of T&T.

Getting my fruits and veggies in everyday has always been something I struggle with. So...I discovered green smoothies. YUM! I have one just about every single morning. When I start my day off with my green smoothie, I know I have had almost a full day's servings of fruits and veggies, and it's easier to get the remainder amount in for the rest of the day. You can find green smoothie recipes just about anywhere. One of my favs right now is coconut milk, spinach, banana, almond butter, and cacao powder. Try it, I think you'll like it.

I began these changes on May 13, 2014. In the past six weeks, I have dropped 10 pounds. I'm feeling stronger, and I'm beginning to see some changes in my body. This is a good start for me. I'm very motivated to keep it up. 

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations on losing the weight! I know how hard it is to take weight off so I'm impressed and happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's been quite a challenge, and it seems the older I get the harder I have to work! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie, I love your blog! I was hoping you might hop over to my blog and enter my giveaway! Thanks!!
    -Melanie
    Teacher’s Lounge

    ReplyDelete