Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Today I Learned...

I'm changing the theme of my blog a little bit. OK, well it wasn't much of a theme to begin with, but hey! I thought it might be cool if I posted what I learned for the day, since I believe there is an opportunity to learn something new every day. I won't be posting everyday, so don't freak out. And not ALL my posts will be about what I learned. I'm not that crazy;)
Today I Learned...
to make the Perfect Pot Roast. And it definitely was…ummm do I dare say PERFECT! YUM! The aroma of the fresh herbs I used had the entire house filled with delicious yumminess. My family didn't stop talking about it, even my daughter-in-law who doesn't eat a lot of meat, had a second helping:)  I used Miss Ree's (Pioneer Woman, don't you just love her?) recipe and she did not disappoint. You can find her recipe here. Try it!!
I've always made my pot roast in the slow cooker. It's been good, but I wanted to try something in the oven, you know, since I'm on break and it's cold here, having the oven on most of the day seemed like a cozy thing to do.


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I don't eat meat but I still like it when my husband has a roast in the oven. Weirdly enough I still like the smell and I agree, it's cozy. Do you make Yorkshire pudding too? I LoVE those.

    ReplyDelete