Friday, January 31, 2014

A Little Bit of This and That

So this post will be a little random. First of all, I wanted to update you on my goal for 2014. I'm still going strong! I'm determined to reach this goal. I've lost 6 lbs. and 15 inches, 15 INCHES!!! I'm eating cleaner (I'm trying to eat clean 80% of the time.) My clothes are beginning to feel a little more comfortable, and I'm feeling healthier overall. 2014 is the year I'm going to do it!
I recently gave a presentation to some practicum students regarding their upcoming practicum experience in the classroom. Though this presentation was geared for practicum students, it was a good reminder for us more "seasoned" teachers as well. I used an acrostic for my presentation and it went something like this:
G - Give it 100%
R - Radiate happiness
A - Attitude is positive
T - Thankful for this experience, for your mentors, and others
E - Enjoy it all
F - Find the strengths in your students, mentor, and others
U - Understand that not all will go as planned
L - Learn, learn, learn
Have a grateful heart, and implement these things into your life and experience, and you will be successful.

Just think if everyone in your school followed these general rules, what an amazing place it would be. I'm truly lucky to have worked at a school, where most everyone worked hard at these things. I know not every school is like that unfortunately, but wouldn't it be nice if it were?
My last item of business is a new product. Yes, I've been a busy bee! My students always loved to find the secret word for word work. I created a secret word activity for each month. 
This is a great Word Work Center or fast finisher. It gets students to think critically about what words they can create with the given letters. 
If you are interested in this activity, you may find it here. But one of you will be lucky enough to get this product for free if you can guess my favorite color. Just comment to make a guess. I'll send a freebie to whoever guesses first.



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment