Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Techy Teacher Tuesday Math Apps


I'm linking up with Katie from Queen of the First Grade Jungle tonight to highlight some of my favorite apps I use in the classroom. I only have 1 Ipad for my classroom, and boy am I ever grateful for it, but it can be tricky managing 20 little darlin's around 1 Ipad. But they get soooo excited and are totally engaged whenever it comes out to play.

You must check out this app! Since we have to teach first graders about the = sign as a balance, this app really helps. (I don't know about you, but this concept was HARD for my little darlin's.) But they understood a lot better using this app. This app is also good to teach missing addends. 

Click on picture to go to the link.

This next app is another great math app. I used it the past few weeks while teaching Place Value. It reminds me a little of the "I Love Lucy" episode where Lucy and Ethel are working in the chocolate factory -- I know, I know, I'm totally dating myself. Anywho, the boxes of cookies represent hundreds, the stacks of cookies represent tens, and the single cookies represent ones. This was another favorite in our class. You have to move pretty fast, though!

Click on picture to go to the link.

OK, one more. What I like about this next math app, is that 4 players can play at once. Hence, I get more little darlin's around the old Ipad at once! This one also is a good Place Value app. I like how this one uses Base-10 blocks as a model. 

Click on picture to go to the link.

So, if you'll be teaching either of these concepts in the near future, or need a good review, I can definitely recommend all of these apps.










No comments:

Post a Comment