My family and I had a great 4th of July. I hope you all did as well. We went up to Park City, (UT) and spent a couple of days. It was so nice to be a little bit cooler. We've been having a huge heat wave this summer. Anyways, we relaxed, ate, and hot tubbed it. Park City has a fun celebration for the 4th, complete with parade. It was a lot of fun! Last night we ended up at LaVell Edwards Football Stadium (BYU) in Provo where we had a rockin' time with Scotty McGreery and The Beach Boys. It was a total blast! Just a little trivia for you ... I use to live down the street from the Wilsons! They were always in their garage jammin', and my cousin used to play with them sometimes (before they got big!)
Here are a few other things...Since I haven't been around a lot lately, I'm a little late in getting to these, but I wanted everyone to know that I surely do appreciate these awards, and I appreciate you following my blog.
My colleague, Katrina, honored me with the
Here is a little about the award taken from Katrina:
"The German word "Liebster" translates to English as "beloved" or "favorite", and this award is given to new, up and coming bloggers."
If you haven't stopped by Katrina's blog, A Love for Teaching, you need to! She is an amazing teacher. I had the opportunity of mentoring her while she was in her Cohort Practicum and last year I got to work with her in second grade as she was our second-grade intern. She has the best ideas!!
Here are the rule:
In order to accept the award:
1. Link back to the person who gave it to you.
2. Post the award to your blog.
3. Give the award to at least 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.
I am so happy to pass this award on to the following bloggers (please go check them out if you haven't yet, awesome ideas!!)
Also, Amanda at Inspired in Second, and Ann at The Caffeinated Classroom and Kristin at A Day In First Grade
both all honored me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you mucho, Amanda and Ann. As you can see (above), I LOVE their blogs. Go check them out again and see who else they nominated for this award, and go learn a little more about them, because with this award, you have to share 7 random things about yourself.
Here's my 7 random things ...
1. I am THE biggest klutz! I've been known to fall flat on the ground (in a dress with my legs flying up all over the place!) during a math lesson! I am always tripping over the students' chairs too.
2. My 12 year old yellow Lab, Aspen, is beginning to show signs of slowing down:(
3. I was soooo scared and nervous about going back to school to get my El. Ed. degree (I was 34 at the time) that my honey bunny literally had to push me out the door to go that first day of school. (I'm so glad he pushed!)
4. I love to dance! Whenever I hear music playing, I just start to bop around, I can't help it. My honey bunny and I have taken ballroom dance classes together, and it is soooo much fun too!
5. 2011 was probably THE worst year of my life! My honey bunny was laid off (thank goodness he is working now!), most of my home was damaged in a flood, and I discovered I had a couple of health concerns (nothing too serious, it just stinks getting older).
6. My one and only daughter is a special needs child.
7. I love Mid-Century Modern style -- ANYTHING!! (I'm a retro girl at heart!)
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself. See above.
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award. So many fantastic bloggers.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other bloggers know they've been nominated.
Here are 15 of my favs...